Staying Safe and Treating Electricity with Respect

Electricity is essential to help us with our daily lives. From when we wake up in the morning and put the phone on charge, boil the kettle and put washing on, to the evening where we watch television and turn on the lights, it is essential for modern life.

However, it is also something that we need to treat with care and respect. Electricity can be a cause for house fires as well as electrocution, and there are certain things to look out for in your home and to be careful of to reduce the risk of an electrical accident.

Image Credit

When you suspect that something is wrong with your home electrics, then you should always stop using it immediately and call out a professional like this electrician Cheltenham based company to come and check it for you.

Here are some of the common things to look out for…

Plugs Getting too Hot – If you notice when you touch the plugs that are plugged in that they are warm or hot to touch, then it is likely that there is a problem and if left they could overheat and cause a fire.

Image Credit

Water and Electricity – The two do not mix well and care must be taken to ensure that you are safe – when you boil your kettle, always switch it off at the wall before refilling it. You should also never touch anything electrical with wet hands.

Burning Smells – If you can smell burning in a room this could be an electrical problem. Turn off all the electrics until someone has been to check it.

Nickolas Hunter

Nickolas Hunter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.